UMass Lowell's Biomanufacturing Center provides scientific and technical training to scientists and engineers from all fields of the biotech and biopharmaceutical community. The program provides an overall view of biotechnology and bioprocessing, molecular theories for biotherapeutics, the engineering and applicable sciences behind bioprocess development, and the latest advancements in bioprocessing and bioanalytical technologies. Laboratory demonstrations conducted at UMass Lowell's state-of-the-art Massachusetts Biomanufacturing Center will complement the lectures and offer real-world solutions.
Register for All Six Seminars and get 40% off!!
Sign up for all six seminars using course number 00.630-041 for $1,800 tuition.
Overview of Biopharmaceutical Process Development and Manufacturing
- Biological Sciences and the Biotech Industry
- Historical Trends and the Future
- The Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Environment
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology Review (from DNA to Protein)
- FDA's new initiative: PAT and QbD
Session One Course#: 00.631-041
Cell Line Generation / Cell Culture Process Development
- Expression Systems (microbial and mammalian)
- Protein Expression Gene Cassette
- Master and Working Cell Banks
- Media Optimization
- Batch, Fed Batch, and Perfusion
- Scale-up and Scale-down
Session Two Course#: 00.632-041
Protein Sciences in Biotech R/D and Protein Purification
- Protein Structure and Function
- Protein Aggregation and Degradation
- Assembly of Recombinant Purification Process
Session Three Course#: 00.633-041
- Product Isoforms
- Biochemical/Biophysical/Mass Spec Characterization Package
- Release Assays and Specifications
Session Four Course#: 00.634-041
Process Analytics I
- Process analytical Technology
- Quality by Design
Session Five Course#: 00.635-041
Process Analytics II
- Multivariate Data Analysis for raw material, product quality and process data
- Experimental Design for productivity improvement and process design
- Statistical Process Monitoring
Session Six Course#: 00.636-041
To register, call (978) 934-2405 or download and complete the Registration Form and fax it to 978-934-2028.
Contact Karen von Sneidern at (978) 934-2473 or email Karen_vonsneidern@uml.edu
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for bioprocess engineers, biochemical engineers, validation engineers, production managers, biochemists, cell biologists, microbiologists, molecular biologists in manufacturing, QA, QC, regulatory manufacturing sciences and R & D in the biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Held on UMass Lowell's North Campus. Participants will receive directions and a map upon registration.