Course No: GRFX.3150-061; SIS Class Nbr: 2600; SIS Term: 2640
Course Status: Open
Instruction in the design and layout of commercial advertisements as well as the creative aspects of advertising are integral parts of this course. Practical problems and technical guidance from preliminary layouts to finished work will help preliminary layouts to finished work will help prepare students for the commercial art field. Students will prepare an advertising campaign concept and translate it into a professionally-designed commercial series for use in their portfolios. This course will focus on the integration of design with the overall advertising message. Formerly 70.392. 3 credits/3 contact hours.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: GRFX 2000 (formerly 70.291 or ARTS 2100) and GRFX 2020 (formerly ARTS 2400 or ARTS 2300) Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign are recommended; and Online and Continuing Education Majors, Certificates and Non-Degree OCE Students Only.
- Special Notes: Access to Adobe's Creative Cloud Software requires a monthly Creative Cloud membership subscription. Special pricing is available for students: Visit https://creative.adobe.com/plans?plan=edu Note: While the above courses will not transfer directly into the Art Department's Bachelor of Fine Arts Day School degree program, certain two-course clusters may be accepted for transfer upon prior department approval.
- Section Notes: P: GRFX.2000 and GRFX.2020, fa;
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Regina Milan
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Summer 2017: May 15 to Jul 22
- Chat Hours: Mon 9-10pm*
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1125
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
*Chat Hours provide an opportunity for the instructor and students to communicate
in "real time". It is an informative and interactive session where course related questions, answers,
and discussions take place. While student attendance during chat hours is not required, it is highly recommended.
Weekly chat sessions are archived for students who are not able to participate in the live chat sessions at the
Related Programs: Graphic Design & Digital Imaging Certificate, B.S. in Information Technology, A.S. in Information Technology
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.