> Computer Related
Course No: GRFX.2020-061; SIS Class Nbr: 13795; SIS Term: 2910
Course Status: Open
Studies typographic concepts, techniques, and the creative use of type in visual communication. Emphasis will be placed upon the history of type design and its context within the graphic design industry. Formerly 70.240. 3 credits/3 contact hours.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Basic Computer Proficiency Required; Online and Continuing Education Majors, Certificates and Non-Degree OCE Students Only.
- Special Notes: Access to Adobe's Creative Cloud Software requires a monthly Creative Cloud membership subscription. Special pricing is available for students: Visit https://creative.adobe.com/plans?plan=edu Note: While the above courses will not transfer directly into the Art Department's Bachelor of Fine Arts Day School degree program, certain two-course clusters may be accepted for transfer upon prior department approval.
- Section Notes:
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Regina Milan
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2019: Sep 04 to Nov 10
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1140
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Certificate in Graphic Design & Digital Imaging, B.S. in Information Technology, A.S. in Information Technology, Certificate in Graphic Design & Digital Imaging
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.