> Humanities & Social Sciences
Course No: ENGL.3030-031; SIS Class Nbr: 13819; SIS Term: 2810
Course Status: Registration Closed
Discusses the theory and practice of poetry. Conducted as a workshop with close analysis of student work.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: This is a creative writing workshop for students interested in learning the fundamental elements of writing poems. As a member of this class, you will read and discuss works by established poets, and you'll engage in the regular practice of drafting, workshopping and revising. Over the course of the semester, you will draft poems in a variety of forms with the goal of creating a final portfolio of revised poems. You will also write reflections about your creative practice as we work together as a class to understand the crafting of poems as a process of discovery.
- Core Codes: AH
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2018: Sep 05 to Dec 09
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1140
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.A. in English, B.L.A. in Liberal Arts
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.