> Humanities & Social Sciences
Course No: ENGL.2810-031; SIS Class Nbr: 13816; SIS Term: 2810
Course Status: Registration Closed
A survey of British Literary history from the medieval through the modernist periods.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: P: ENGL.1020. In this tour of 1,000 years of literary history, you'll explore selected highlights of English literature from its earliest beginnings in the Old English period to the 20th century, from the monster-fighting hero of Beowulf to the inward-turning protagonists of Virginia Woolf's fiction. This course will help you build a foundation of essential knowledge about English poems, prose and plays that continue to influence writers and readers today. ;
- Core Codes: AH, MEDI
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Katherine Shrieves
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2018: Sep 05 to Dec 09
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1140
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.A. in English
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.