> Health Sciences
Course No: PUBH.5120-001; SIS Class Nbr: 11707; SIS Term: 2710
Course Status: Full - Wait List
This course teaches a multi-disciplinary approach to operations analysis, process redesign and quality improvement in healthcare. Students study the history, development and principles of quality improvement in healthcare; how quality improvement processes have been used in various healthcare settings; the tools and processes used in quality improvement; how to structure and implement a quality improvement program; and how to collect, analyze and interpret quality improvement data.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Graduate level or Instructor permission
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: Blended Course: Face-to-Face meetings at UMass Lowell Health and Social Sciences Building, South Campus and Online; Blended course- Face-to-Face Classes meet: 9/11, 10/2, 10/16, 10/30, 11/13, 12/4, Online Classes held: 9/18, 9/25, 10/13, 10/23, 11/6, 11/20, 11/ 27.
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: Kimberly Flodin
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- M , 5:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Fall 2017: Sep 06 to Dec 14
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1725
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Health Management Certificate, M.S. in Health Informatics: Informatics Concentration, M.S. in Health Informatics: Management Concentration
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.