> Management & Accounting
Course No: MIST.6070-061; SIS Class Nbr: 12573
This course provides a foundation on digital commerce and e-business for MBA students. It will cover both technological and managerial aspects of managing e-business operations in either a traditional or pure dot.com organization. Issues covered include interactive marketing and market-spaces, agent-based commerce and intelligent markets, electronic shopping carts, user interface issues, EDI transaction via Extranets, database interfaces, personalization and targeted communications, security, encryption, and payment systems, privacy and intellectual property.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: MBA&FoundCore&MIST.6010
- Special Notes: If not currently matriculated in a Manning School of Business program, please contact the MBA staff at MBA@uml.edu or call 978-934-2848 for permission to take courses.
- Section Notes: P: MBA matriculated students and completion of MBA Foundation courses
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: Jialun Qin
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2016: Sep 01 to Nov 05
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1890
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Online MBA
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.