> Computer Related
Course No: GRFX.2110-061; SIS Class Nbr: 9705
Introduces students to the complexities involved in preparing their designs for print: electronic page layout and design, proofing, specifying inks, trapping, cropping, overprinting, printing separations, proofing, and more. Students will learn about the printing process, printing terminologies, and print industry standards. Formerly 70.245. 3 credits/3 contact hours.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: GRFX 2000 or GRFX 2020 Pre/Co-
- Special Notes: Access to Adobe's Creative Cloud Software requires a monthly Creative Cloud membership subscription. Special pricing is available for students: Visit https://creative.adobe.com/plans?plan=edu Note: While the above courses will not transfer directly into the Art Department's Bachelor of Fine Arts Day School degree program, certain two-course clusters may be accepted for transfer upon prior department approval.
- Section Notes: P: GRFX.2000 and GRFX.2020 or instructor permission; requires Adobe InDesign® Photoshop & Illustrator CC, plus access to a scanner
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Regina Milan
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Spring 2017: Jan 17 to Apr 01
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1125
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Graphic Design & Digital Imaging Certificate
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.