> Computer Related
Course No: GRFX.2000-061; SIS Class Nbr: 1983; SIS Term: 2740
Course Status: Open
Exercises, lectures and projects will introduce students to graphic design principles and techniques. Course will begin with a fundamental study of image, form, and space relations, then cover such topics as working with grids, typography basics, page layout, the introduction of color, rendering techniques, history, and more. Students will be assigned a series of projects to enhance their visual communication skills. Formerly 70.291 & 70.210. 3 credits/3 contact hours.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Basic Computer Proficiency Required; Online and Continuing Education Majors, Certificates and Non-Degree OCE Students Only.
- Special Notes: Access to Adobe's Creative Cloud Software requires a monthly Creative Cloud membership subscription. Special pricing is available for students: Visit https://creative.adobe.com/plans?plan=edu Note: While the above courses will not transfer directly into the Art Department's Bachelor of Fine Arts Day School degree program, certain two-course clusters may be accepted for transfer upon prior department approval.
- Section Notes: P: Basic computer proficiency; requires Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator CC*;
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Patricia Orfao
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Summer 2018: May 21 to Jul 29
- Chat Hours: Tue 8:30-9:30pm*
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1140
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
*Chat Hours provide an opportunity for the instructor and students to communicate
in "real time". It is an informative and interactive session where course related questions, answers,
and discussions take place. While student attendance during chat hours is not required, it is highly recommended.
Weekly chat sessions are archived for students who are not able to participate in the live chat sessions at the
Related Programs: Contemporary Communications Certificate, Multimedia Applications Certificate, Graphic Design & Digital Imaging Certificate, B.S. in Information Technology, A.S. in Information Technology
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.