> Management & Accounting
Course No: FINA.6750-061; SIS Class Nbr: 11076
The primary emphases in this course are the valuation and practical application of derivatives for both hedging and speculation. Topics include the characteristics of options, forward contracts, futures, and swaps; arbitrage and the valuation of derivatives; creating value and profit diagrams; and the structure of the derivatives markets. Ethical and economic issues associated with the use of derivatives as reported in the current financial press are also covered.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Matriculated MBA students
- Special Notes: Matriculated MBA students with completed MBA Foundation Core; or permission of MBA Coordinator.
- Section Notes: P: Matriculated MBA students with completed MBA Foundation Core; or permission of Coordinator
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: Steven Freund
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2016: Sep 01 to Nov 05
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1890
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Online MBA, M.S. in Finance
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.