> Management & Accounting
Course No: FINA.5010-081; SIS Class Nbr: 11717; SIS Term: 2710
Course Status: Open
Introduces students to the finance function in a firm. Students are exposed to a variety of analytical techniques and to theory applied to financial decision making. Study will include effects of major financial decisions such as investment, financing and dividends on the value of a firm, in the light of their risk-return relationship under the assumption that the maximization of shareholder wealth is the goal of management. Pre-requisites: MBA or Certificate Programs or Permission of MBA Director.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: ACCT.5010 AND MBA, MSEM or MGFB Certificate or PSM or Doctor of Engineering majors or permission of MBA coordinator.
- Special Notes: If not currently matriculated in a Manning School of Business program, please contact the MBA staff at MBA@uml.edu or call 978-934-2848 for permission to take courses.
- Section Notes: Prerequisite courses or knowledge: ACCT.5010 and MBA, MGFB Certificate, PSM, Doctor of Engineering programs ;
- Credits: 2;
- Instructor: Yash Puri
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2017: Sep 06 to Oct 29
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1280
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Foundations of Business Certificate, Online MBA, M.S. in Engineering Management, M.S. in Engineering Management
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.