> Management & Accounting
Course No: FINA.3210-061; SIS Class Nbr: 2286; SIS Term: 2740
Course Status: Open
This course is a survey of investments for business students. Topics include the investment environment, markets and instruments, securities trading, market indexes, risk, diversification, the capital asset pricing model, market efficiency, introductory valuation of bonds stocks options and futures, mutual funds, behavioral finance, and strategies for individual investors. Meets Core Curriculum Essential Learning Outcome for Critical Thinking & Problem Solving (CTPS) and Information Literacy (IL).
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: ECON 2010 Economics I & ACCT.2010 Acct/Financial; or Business minor and ACCT.2010 Acct/Financial or Information Technolgy Major (IT-BS, IT-AS.)
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: P: BSBA or Business Minor; requires Logarithm calculator;
- Instructor: Frank Andrews
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Summer 2018: May 21 to Jul 29
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1155
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.S. in Information Technology, A.S. in Information Technology
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.