> Management & Accounting
Course No: ENTR.6500-061; SIS Class Nbr: 1871; SIS Term: 2640
Course Status: Open
This course examines technological innovation and its relationship to value-creation and business strategy. Emphasis is placed on emerging scientific and technical innovations and the opportunities and challenges they present to both existing businesses and new venture entrepreneurs. The overall goal of this course is to help you to understand, appreciate and learn to manage the technology innovation process. Students examine innovation strategies, planning models, evaluation models, licensing and the commercialization process required to launch new businesses around innovative products and technologies.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Matriculated MS-ITE "OR" Foundation Core completed 60.501, 61.501, 62.501, 63.501, 66.501, 66.511.
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: P: Matriculated MBA students, MBA Foundation Core, MSITE program, or PSM sub-plan, or permission of Graduate Program Coordinators.;
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: John O'Donnell
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Summer 2017: May 15 to Jul 22
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1920
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: New Venture Creation Certificate
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.