> Humanities & Social Sciences
Course No: ENGL.3240-061; SIS Class Nbr: 2178 SIS Term: 2640
Writers throughout time have been thoroughly grounded in place. Students in this course will read and write on a variety of topics: travel, cities, suburbs, dwelling places, nature, environmental issues, etc., in a variety of genres: creative non-fiction, essays, journalism, short stories, poetry, journals. This course will be held in a workshop format with strong emphasis on revision.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: ENGL 2270 Essay Writing for English Majors, or ENGL 2290 Essay Writing for Non-English Majors, or ENGL 2380 Intro. to Creative Writing or ENGL 2390 Introduction to Professional Writing.
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: P: ENGL.2270 or ENGL.2290 or ENGL.2380 or ENGL.2390
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 3
- Instructor: Marlowe Miller
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Summer 2017: May 15 to July 22
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1125
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.A. in English
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.