> Humanities & Social Sciences
Course No: ENGL.2810-061; SIS Class Nbr: 13083
A survey of British Literary history from the medieval through the modernist periods.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: P: ENGL.1020; The purpose of this course is to encourage a broad familiarity with the history of British literature, from the Middle Ages into the early twentieth century. As a "Foundations" course for the English Department Literature concentration, and an eminently useful course for other English majors as well as for students who are simply interested in learning more about the history of literary creation in the English language, this version of "British Literary Traditions" offers you the opportunity to develop broad familiarity by reading, discussing, thinking and writing about a score of highlights in British literature from the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, the Restoration and Eighteenth Century, the Romantic period, the Victorian age, and the modernist period.
- Instructor: Marlowe Miller
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Fall 2016: Sep 01 to Nov 05
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1110
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.A. in English
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.