> Humanities & Social Sciences
Course No: CRIM.3470-HA1; SIS Class Nbr: 10153; SIS Term: 2710
Course Status: Open
This course is concerned with contemporary efforts to change police agencies, particularly in the United States. Contemporary reform revolves mainly around what we now know as "community policing" and this course will dwell at some length on these initiatives. Other innovations, some of which may complement community policing, and all of which are narrower in scope, are also considered.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: 44.141 pre-req
- Special Notes: For permission numbers and questions regarding the Undergraduate Criminal Justice Program, please email Christopher_Harris@uml.edu
- Section Notes: Prerequisite courses or knowledge: CRIM.1410; Located at Harbor Place, Haverhill, Ma.
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: John Grennon
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- T , 6:00 PM-8:50 PM
- Fall 2017: Sep 06 to Dec 14
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1020
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: B.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice: Paralegal Option
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.