> Science and Mathematics
Course No: CHEM.2210-001; SIS Class Nbr: 12246; SIS Term: 2730
Course Status: Open
CHEM.2210 is the first course of a two-semester sequence of organic chemistry for students majoring in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences as well as pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-pharmaceutical and pre-veterinary students. The course focuses on acid-base properties, functional group labels, conformational analyses, sterochemistry, substitution, elimination and addition reactions of organic molecules. Curved arrow mechanisms and the relationship between organic structure and reactivity are emphasized. Aspects of organic spectroscopy are also introduced.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: CHEM 1220 & CHEM 1240L; Co-Req: CHEM 2270L (Chemistry majors only) or CHEM 2290L (Biology majors only) or Chemical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering majors.
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes: P: CHEM.1220 and CHEM.1240; C: CHEM.2270 or CHEM.2290;
- Credits: 3; Contact Hours: 4
- Instructor: Sumudu Lewis
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- T/Th , 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Spring 2018: Jan 22 to May 11
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Tuition: $1360
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.