> Management & Accounting
Course No: ACCT.6230-031; SIS Class Nbr: 8407
Significant and rapid changes in accounting rules are impacting the financial reporting and analysis that management uses to make business decisions. This course will explore contemporary accounting topics that accounting professionals will face in the workplace and how the accompanying requirements are changing the way that companies and their business partners use, report, analyze, and interpret financial data. Subjects covered will vary as conditions change but may include International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Fair Value Measurements, Post-Retirement Benefits, Revenue Recognition, or other current accounting topics.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: Matriculated MBA
- Special Notes: If not currently matriculated in a Manning School of Business program, please contact the MBA staff at MBA@uml.edu or call 978-934-2848 for permission to take courses.
- Section Notes: P: MSA students
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: Khondkar Karim
UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Spring 2017: Jan 17 to Apr 29
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1920
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Related Programs: Online MBA, Online MSA
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in this catalog. However, the Division of Online & Continuing Education reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes of any nature to its program, calendar, procedures, standards, degree requirements, academic schedules (including, without limitations, changes in course content and class schedules), locations, tuition and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.