Students must provide the following:
- PC Users: Windows XP or higher, Internet access, email address, Internet Explorer 8 or most recent version of Firefox.
- Macintosh Users: OS 10.6 or higher, Internet access, email address, most recent version of Safari or FireFox.
- Internet Connection: DSL or Cable
- Most recent version of Java must be enabled and installed. It can be downloaded from www.java.com.
- Pop-Up Blockers: Pop-ups must be allowed in order to use certain features of the course, such as chat, announcements and attaching files.
Some courses have additional software requirements and may require CD and/or DVD computer drives to run software. Please check our current course listing page to find out the software needed for specific course(s). Also check the tutorials and software pages for the software tutorials, updates and download locations.
Prior to attending an online course, students should learn how to log onto their Internet Service, use their web browser, send and receive email, and send and receive file attachments.
Speak with an Advisor
Our Student Support Staff are available to help you with your questions! Email Continuing_Education@uml.edu for assistance, or call for advising at (800) 480-3190 and press 3 to speak with an advisor. See links at the bottom of this page for technical assistance with your online course.