Photo from the 2013 ASL Induction Ceremony
Video clips from the 2013 ASL Induction Ceremony:
- Welcome - Pauline A. Carroll Director, CSCE
- Congratulatory Remarks - Jacqueline Moloney, Executive Vice Chancellor
- Keynote Address - John Ting, Vice Provost for Enrollment
- Presentation of the Haskell Award - Julie Sawyer, Adjunct Faculty, Cultural Studies Department
- Dean's Scholarship
The Professor Bernard and Yana Shapiro Endowed Scholarship - Ryan Masson, OCE Academic Advisor
- Induction Ceremony - Presentation of Certificates
Speakers - Andrew Strutt and Brashani Reece
The Gamma Delta Chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda is a national honor society for UMass Lowell Online and Continuing Education students. The aim of Alpha Sigma Lambda is to recognize adult students who achieve academic excellence in their course work while performing the many responsibilities associated with their families and careers. Eligibility for membership requires that students rank in the top 10 percent of all students who meet certain academic requirements. Selections for membership are made during the Spring, and students who are invited to become members are inducted into the Society in April.
For UMass Lowell, having an ASL chapter serves as a way to inspire continued scholastic growth, recognize students’ dedication to excellence, and invite them to associate with similarly motivated students.
Criteria for Student Eligibility
In order to be considered for membership in Alpha Sigma Lambda, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a matriculated undergraduate/non-traditional student with at least 24 credits earned at the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Must have 12 or more credits in Liberal Arts/Sciences (may include transfer credits).
- Must have a GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Must be in the top 10% of those Online and Continuing Education students who satisfy the requirements of all three of the above criteria.
ASL Adult Education Foundation Scholarships
Alpha Sigma Lambda Adult Education Foundation Scholarships are available for Continuing Education students who are matriculated in associate's or bachelor's degree programs and who demonstrate academic strength and leadership. For more information about the ASL Adult Education Foundation Scholarships, including the criteria for evaluation, visit the Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society website.
For More Information
For more information, contact Ryan Masson at (978) 934-2474 or by email (Ryan_Masson@uml.edu).
Speak with an Advisor
Our Student Support Staff are available to help you with your questions! Email Continuing_Education@uml.edu for assistance, or call for advising at (800) 480-3190 and press 3 to speak with an advisor. See links at the bottom of this page for technical assistance with your online course.