Course No: 94.566-031; ISIS Class Nbr: 3418
This course is a continuation of the 94.565 Cloud Computing course and will cover in further detail such topics as Cloud Based Storage, Virtualization, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), High Availability, Scaling, and Mobile Devices. The course will also study the role of Open Source cloud software such as Hadoop, OpenStack and others. Similar to the first course where hands-on projects included the use of Cloud Services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Apps and App Engine, and Windows Azure, this course will continue with those services and add others such as Rackspace and VMware. Current articles and publications in this fast moving field of Cloud Computing will also be followed.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: 94.565. This course may be used towards UMass Lowell’s M.S. in Information Technology; it cannot be used towards UMass Lowell’s M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes:
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: Robert Bell
- UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online course
- Summer 2015: May 18 to Aug 08
- Chat Hours: Sun 9-10pm*
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1635
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
*Chat Hours in our online courses provide an opportunity for the instructor and students to communicate in "real time". It is an informative and interactive session where course related questions, answers, and discussions take place. While student attendance during chat hours is not required, it is highly recommended. Weekly chat sessions are archived for students who are not able to participate in the live chat sessions at the scheduled times.
Register for this Course
Register at http://sis.uml.edu using the SIS Class NBR noted on the left.
Additional Registration Information
- Email us at Continuing_Education@uml.edu
- Call us at (800) 480-3190 and press 3 to speak with an advisor.