Course No: 94.519-031; ISIS Class Nbr: 13340
This course will investigate the current state of virtualization in computing systems. Virtualization at both the hardware and software levels will be examined, with emphasis on the hypervisor configurations of systems such as Vmware, Zen and Hyper-V. The features and limitations of virtual environments will be considered, along with several case studies used to demonstrate the configuration and management of such systems. Para-virtualized software components will be analyzed and their pros and cons discussed. Processor and peripheral support for virtualization will also be examined, with a focus on emerging hardware features and the future of virtualization.
Prerequisites, Notes & Instructor
- Prerequisites: This course may be used towards UMass Lowell’s M.S. in Information Technology; it cannot be used towards UMass Lowell’s M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Special Notes:
- Section Notes:
- Credits: 3;
- Instructor: Jie Lu
- UMass Lowell Bookstore
When Offered & Tuition
- Online Course
- Spring 2015: Jan 20 to May 02
- Course Level: Graduate
- Tuition: $1635
- Note: There is a $30 per semester, nonrefundable registration fee for credit courses.
Register for this Course
Register at http://isis.uml.edu using the ISIS Class NBR noted on the left.
Additional Registration Information
- Email us at Continuing_Education@uml.edu
- Call us at (800) 480-3190 and press 3 to speak with an advisor.